Last year was my first year in doing so….
Then, this year—I budget the amount I spent in the month last year….and then I try to beat it.
For example—last January was my high amount at $665…. This year in January–I spent $563..
February last year –I spent $458
Right now, I sit at $257 for the month so far…and am doing pretty well this month–so should beat last year’s February.
Money saving ideas:
1. have a food challenge month—where you only buy the items you absolutely need to supplement what you already have.
2. focus on the sale items each time you go shopping….if really low on something–try to buy extras to tide you to the next sale.
3. make budget meals–meals that are low cost, yet filling.
4. prepare foods yourself–buying processed foods cost more
5. make snack foods for the kids…. at this growing stage…if they wait until meals to eat—they will pack in the food….some ideas: banana bread, homemade pizza pockets, popcorn (can bag in sandwich bags for grab and snack convenience)